Let’s get started… But first, here’s what you need to know before working with us.
We created this page to help you determine if we are the right fit for you and your project. The information below has been gathered to help alleviate the back and forth emails and phone calls.
If what you read sounds awesome, then click the button at the bottom to move forward.
If what you read didn’t sound awesome. No worries. We can suggest some of our colleagues if you’d like.
What we do and what we jam on
We partner with people working on gnarly social and environmental problems to take their moonshot idea and make it happen. We help them tell their stories in a clear and exciting way so that they influence the right people and get the support they need.
Some of the things we can help you with;
+ Creative idea generation & facilitation
+ Laser-focused resonant messaging
+ Rapid and iterative prototyping
+ Quick guerilla customer development
+ Powerful brand design
+ Massive marketing strategy creation
+ Successful & sustainable product or service development
+ Compelling pitch deck creation
We don’t work like other creative studios
First, once we understand your project’s needs, we assemble a dream team of talented independents from our network. Second, in a fun and productive workshop setting, we get everyone in the room to come up with solutions based on the desired goals using our unique creative process. Third, we manage the implementation of these goals, seeing the project through to successful completion.
This “Hollywood model” approach allows us to be agile, flexible, and modular, able to pivot with our clients’ needs and reassemble a new team when new ideas pop up, as often happens in the creative process. We’re able to respond quickly to new discoveries and execute innovative ideas rapidly.
We’re huge fans of the independent/freelance economy
We work with talented individuals to help dream up, design, and launch creative endeavors—whether it’s client work or our own. We are designers, strategists, developers, researchers, photographers, copywriters, storytellers, business professionals, and the like. Each project is comprised of a dream team of people based on the challenge and potential outcomes.
Let’s talk about budget
Getting everyone together in a room for our kickoff meetings takes up resources — both in getting the team to clear their schedules for a large chunk of time and participate in our workshops, and in the cost of getting everyone together and making sure our experts and contributors are compensated for their time.
Rather than looking at it as a cost, we encourage our clients to think of this process as a wise investment. After just one or two days together, we come out with a solid strategy and innovative ideas that would have taken weeks for a more traditional design team to develop, pitch, review, and iterate on for you.
Our workshops are completely custom to your challenges, needs, audience, and goals. We curate the exercises, experts, and contributors in the room based on the experiences that will add the most value to your project.
In our workshops, we help you nail down a solid direction that gets the entire team aligned so they can hit the ground running. This investment up front saves you weeks of time and frustrating rounds of headache, and ensures a smooth execution phase will follow.
Not only do we come up with solutions isolated to the current challenge, we also find that our workshops help uncover holistic insights and opportunities to address other challenges or goals the organization is facing. The investment in one workshop with us also gives you a foundation for stronger future projects, with or without us.
Still have more questions?
Q: Hey, this is exactly what I’m looking for — I need something within a week. Can we start tomorrow?
A: Part of what makes us fast and agile is putting plenty of care into how we start projects. As much as we want to help you meet your deadline, we need some time to prepare and pull together your dream team. Once we get signoff and a deposit, we need at least 2 weeks to plan and prepare our first kickoff event together.
Q: Can we skip the workshop step and get straight to the design?
A: It can be hard to tell because it’s not as tangible, but we actually get about 80% of the design work done while we’re all in the workshop together. The remaining 20% is simple production and goes much more smoothly after going through our process. We’ve been tempted before to skip steps, and we’ve found out the hard way that those skipped steps reveal themselves as obstacles further down the road. These workshops are also a chance for you to influence the direction of the design. We have exercises that help us draw out your insights, ideas, as well as find diamonds of opportunity, serendipity, and truly unique innovations we wouldn’t have thought of outside of a workshop setting.